10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURE FOR M870 BRAKE (BENDIX) (Continued).
h. Remove old emergency relay valve from front Air Reservoir Assembly.
For identification of air lines during installation, tag and identify all air lines and fittings prior
to removal using Marker Tag MIL-T-12755.
To prevent damage to fitting ends, before removing fittings from valve or tanks, wrap fitting
ends with Masking Tape, MIL-T-27730.
(1) Identify, tag and disconnect all air lines from old emergency relay valve.
(2) Remove old emergency relay valve (6), pipe nipple (1), with reducing bushing (2) from front air reservoir.
(3) Remove pipe nipple (1), with reducing bushing (2) from valve (6). Tag pipe nipple (1) and bushing (2). Set
aside for reuse.
(4) Remove two front delivery straight adapters (3) from valve (6). Tag and set straight adapters aside for reuse.
(5) Remove top elbow (4) and tee (5) from valve (6). Tag and set top elbow and tee aside for reuse.
(6) Remove all remaining fittings from valve (6), clean and dispose of valve and fittings in accordance with