10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURE FOR M870 BRAKE (BENDIX) (Continued).
i. Install New Emergency Relay Valve PN 104561 on Front Air Reservoir Tank (Continued).
Before installing fitting into valve, or tank, wrap fitting threads with two turns of Antiseizing
(3) Install pipe nipple (1) and bushing (2) in front port of valve (6). Install elbow (4) and tee (5) in the top port of
valve (6) so that one opening of tee faces right side of trailer and other tee opening faces trailer rear. Install two straight
(4) Install two straight adapters (3) in the bottom delivery ports of valve (6) closest to front port pipe nipple. Install
two new straight adapters (7), PIN 112553, in bottom delivery ports.
(5) Install new emergency relay valve (6), in center port of front air tank reservoir with elbow and tee on top.
Connect Air Chamber Service Hoses and Air Lines. Refer to Figure 8.
(1) Connect front axle right air chamber service air hose (1), to new emergency relay valve right front delivery
straight adapter (2).
(2) Connect front axle left air chamber service air hose (3), to new emergency relay valve left front delivery straight
(3) Connect middle axle right air chamber service air hose (5), to new emergency relay valve right rear delivery
straight adapter (6).
(4) Connect middle axle left air chamber service air hose (7), to new emergency relay valve left rear delivery
straight adapter (8).
(5) Connect service air line 3/8 - inch tube (9) to new relay valve tee (10), right connection.
(6) Connect spring brake valve air line (11) to rear of new emergency relay valve tee (10).