10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURE FOR M870 BRAKE (BENDIX) (Continued).
Remove old Spring Brake Valve.
For identification of fittings during installation, tag and identify all fittings and lines prior to
removal using Marker Tag MIL-T-12755.
(1) Identify, tag and disconnect air lines and hoses from spring brake valve (5). Refer to TM 5-2330-360-14&P
(2) Remove spring brake valve, including all fittings from middle air reservoir tank. Refer to TM 5-2330-360-14&P.
To prevent damage to fitting ends, before removing fittings from valve or tanks, wrap fitting
ends with Masking Tape, MIL-T-27730.
(3) Install plug (1), PN 249226 in middle air reservoir tank center port (2).
(4) Remove two bottom delivery elbows (3), two side delivery straight adapters (4) from spring brake valve (5). Set
aside for reuse. Remove all remaining fittings and dispose of valve and fittings as described in