10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURE FOR M870 BRAKE (BENDIX) (Continued).
Mount New Spring Brake Valve PN 101622 on New Bracket PN 112479.
To prevent damage to spring brake valve body when using vise for installation of fittings,
install large cross-fitting (3) into vise instead of valve.
Before installing fitting into valve, or tank, wrap fitting threads with two turns of Antiseizing
Tape MIL-T-27730 Teflon antisieze tape is not required for brass-to-brass fittings.
(1) Mount valve (1) on bracket (2) with valve body forward of bracket when mounted and secure with large cross
fitting (3), PN 112520, perpendicular to bracket (2), with lockwasher (4), PN 201946, on valve side of bracket.
(2) Install delivery elbows (5) In valve (1) bottom delivery ports.
(3) Install two side delivery straight adapters (6) in valve (1) side delivery ports.
(4) Install elbow (7), PN 222062 in large cross fitting top port facing to the right when mounted.
(5) Install reducing bushing (8), PN 230130 in large cross fitting bottom port.
(6) Install elbow (9), PN 112521 in reducing bushing (8) facing forward at a two o' clock position when mounted.
Install plug (10), PN 238822 in rear port of large cross fitting (3)
(7) Install elbow (11), PN 205102 in right rear port of valve (1) facing to the rear at the ten o' clock position.
(8) Install straight adapter (12), PN 217690 in left rear port of valve (1).
(9) Install tee (13), PN 205104 in right front port of valve (1) with opening facing right and one opening facing
(10) Install tee (14), PN 205103 in front port of valve (1), fitting to be horizontal.