10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURE FOR M870 BRAKE (BENDIX) (Continued).
Install Middle Air Reservoir Air Line and Fitting.
(1) Refer to TM 5-2330-360-14&P.
Remove the middle air reservoir top left end plug.
Dispose of plug in
Install reducing bushing PN 212862 in the middle air reservoir left end port if necessary.
(2) Install elbow (1). PN 220475, in the middle air reservoir tank left end port, facing forward.
(3) install new 1/2" x 23" air line (2), PN 112518, with insert, PN 246090, from the middle air reservoir tank left
elbow (1), to spring brake valve left rear straight adapter (3), PN 217690.
Install New Relay Emergency Valve Air Delivery Hoses
(1) Refer to TM 5-2330-360-14&P. Remove the rear axle brake chamber air hoses. and elbows. Dispose of
(2) Install new service air hose with adapter (4), PN 109165, from the rear axle right air chamber to relay
emergency valve right rear delivery port (5).
(3) Install new service air hose with adapter (7), PN 109165, from the rear axle left air chamber to relay
emergency valve left rear delivery port (6).