TOP AND BOTTOM BEAM AND HYDRAULIC LIFT
CYLINDER REMOVAL / INSTALLATION (Con't).
13. Remove two cotter pins (16) flatwashers (17) and clevis pins (18) from positioning
cylinders (2) and bottom beam (3). Discard cotter pins.
14. Remove two positioning cylinders (2) from bottom beam (3). Place positioning cylinders
on a clean work surface.
15. Place a wooden block or other suitable support under axle assembly (7) and pivot axle
16. Remove hanger brackets (front dolly). Set aside for installation to modified structure.
17. Remove data plates (front dolly). Set aside for installation to modified structure.
b. CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Always wear protective
goggles and gloves, and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open
flame or excessive heat. The solvent's flash point is 100 F - 138 F (38 C - 59 C).
If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately wash your eyes and seek
1. Clean top and bottom beam mounting hardware and straight connectors with dry
cleaning solvent and dry with clean rags.
2. Clean top and bottom beams as required to remove any grease, dirt, or mud.
3. Inspect all components for cracks, breaks, bends, corrosion or damaged threads.
Replace damaged components.