TOP AND BOTTOM BEAM AND HYDRAULIC LIFT
CYLINDER REMOVAL / INSTALLATION (Con't).
Use extreme caution when raising top and bottom beams. Ensure that lifting
device is secure and all personnel stand clear. Failure to follow warning may
cause serious injury to personnel or damage to beams and positioning cylinders.
5. Raise top and bottom beams (1 and 3) with positioning cylinders (2). Support beams in
6. Coat four bolts (79) with grease. Install top lockout bracket (83), four sleeves (82),
bottom lockout bracket (81), four bolts and nuts (80) on each end of pivot axle assembly
(8) and axle assembly (7). Hand tighten nuts, then tighten with wrench 1 to 2 flats.
Install eight safety pins (78) on bolts (79).
7. Support hydraulic lift cylinder (73) with a suitable lifting device.
8. Install hydraulic lift cylinder (73) on top
beam (1) with clevis pin (77), flatwasher (76),
and new cotter pin (75).
9. Remove lifting device from hydraulic
10. Install telescopic brace.