Figure 13. Marking locations -- materials handling equipment. (4 of 4)
(4) Army Air Defense Command AADCOM
d. The markings will be in uniform letters and
(5) Army Reserve Command-Arabic numeral as
numerals of the largest size practical, but not to exceed
assigned, followed by C-R
four inches in height.
Symbols used will be
(6) Training and Doctrine Command TRADOC
approximately the same size and stroke widths as the
(7) Electronics Command ECOM
letter and numeral characters.
(8) Missile Command MICOM
e. The unit identification markings will be applied
(9) Tank-Automotive Command TACOM
with a temporary paint or with removable adhesive-
(10) Test & Evaluation Command TECOM
backed decals. The markings will be applied in colors as
(11) Armament Command AMMCOM
prescribed in paragraph 5e and in Appendix C.
(12) Military District of Washington MDW
f. Unit identification markings, when painted, will
(13) Major Oversea Command. See AR 310-50.
be applied by stencils whenever possible. When stencils
(14) Group-Arabic numeral followed by GP
or removable adhesive-backed decals are not readily
(15) Other Major Commands, Organizations, or
available, the markings may be applied freehand with a
Activities. Appropriate and non-conflicting letters and,
brush at the discretion of the unit commander.
where applicable, numerals to properly identify the
g. Unit identification markings are divided into four
Command, Organization or Activity. See AR 310-50.
elements arranged from left to right:
i. The second unit marking on the left side denotes
Intermediate Commands, Organizations or Activities as
(1) Major Command, Organization or Activity.
(2) Intermediate Organization or Activity.
(3) Unit or Activity
(1) Corps-Roman numeral only
(4) Vehicle or Equipment number.
(2) Division-Arabic numeral followed by
appropriate service designation shown in I below.
h. Beginning on the left side, the first marking
(3) Brigade-Arabic numeral followed by BDE
denotes Major Command, Organization or Activity as
(4) Group-Arabic numeral followed by GP
follows: (1) Army-Arabic numeral followed by A.
(2) Corps-Roman numeral only