Marking Instructions for M984E1 Crane Boom
FORMULA: A+B+C= EXTENDED LENGTH.
NOTE: The mid section and fly section are marked the same.
1. Place the crane in operation condition (TM 9-
5. Measure from the outer edge of the boom
section mark at 6-inch intervals a vertical strip
2. Raise boom to horizontal position with
1/2 inch wide. Mark the first strip 2 inches high
extensions fully extended.
from bottom of section and the second strip 4
3. Measure and mark a 3/4-inch vertical strip along
inches high rotating the 2-inch and the 4-inch
the outer edge of the three boom sections.
strips the complete length of the section.
4. On the base section boom to the right of and
parallel to the 3/4-inch strip mark 7' 2" in two-
6. Above each 4-inch strip, in two inch letters mark
the appropriate feet measurement (1, 2, 3, etc).
Figure 19. Boom Marking Instructions for M984E1.