8-1. Oil Analysis
Request, DD Form
2026 or DA Form 5991-E (Automated
used to request an oil sample be analyed. The DA Form 5991-E, ULLS, may be used to request
oil sample analysis for Army aeronautical and nonaeronautical oil sample analysis
b. DA Form 5991-E is an automated form produced by the unit ULLS system. This form
requires no soldier entries, though it should be routinely checked for accuracy.
c. Aeronautical or nonaeronautical equipment departing from home station on an extended
mission will be accompanied with a completed Oil Analysis Record (reverse side of DD Form
will be completed by equipment user with assistance from the AOAP laboratory. The form will
be included in the aeronautical and nonaeronautical equipment folders for use when the
equipment is scheduled for an AOAP sample during the mission.
d. DD Form 2026 Preparation Instructions:
(1) To: Oil Analysis Lab. Enter the name of the laboratory supporting your unit.
(a) Major Command. Enter the Major Army Command the equipment-owning unit is
(b) Operating Activity. Enter the full unit designation, address, UIC, and telephone
(3) Equipment Model/APL. Enter nomenclature and model number of the component
from which the oil sample was extracted; e.g. #2Engine (NHC-250) X msn, 40 Degree
(4) Equipment Serial No. Enter the complete serial number of the component.
(5) End Item Model/Hull No. Enter the complete model number of the end item; e.g.;
(6) End Item Serial No./EIC. Enter the complete serial number of the end item.
(7) Date sample taken (Day, Mo, Yr). Enter the day, month, and year; e.g.; 23 Feb 01.