(8) Local Time Sample Taken. Not applicable to Army units.
(9) Hours/Miles Since Overhaul. Enter cumulative number of hours on the component
since last overhaul or if applicable delete the word "overhaul" and pencil in the word "new."
(10) Hours/Miles Since Oil Change. Enter the number of operating hours since last oil
change for the component.
(11) Reason for Sample. Check the block that is applicable. When the reason is 'other',
explain in the 'Remarks' block; e.g.; prior to oil change, loss of engine power, metal on plug or
screen, excessive vibration, etc.
(12) Oil Added Since Last Sample. Enter the amount of oil added since the last oil
change. Designate number of pints, quarts, or gallons.
(13) Action Taken. Leave blank.
(14) Discrepant Item. Leave blank.
(15) How Malfunctioned. Leave blank.
(16) How Found. Leave blank.
(17) How Taken. Indicate by checking appropriate block whether sample was taken by
drain or tube and indicate whether sample was hot or cold. Record the type of oil.
(a) Record the end item odometer or hour-meter at the time the oil sample was taken.
Indicate whether the reading represents miles (MI), hours (HR), or kilometers (KM). Do not
convert readings from miles to kilometers or kilometers to miles. For aircraft, enter the airframe
hours of the aircraft.
(b) If the end item has both an odometer and hour-meter, only record the odometer
(c) If the hour-meter/odometer has been replaced, make sure total operating time
between oil samples is shown; i.e., the current meter reading plus usage from replaced meter. DD
Form 314 (REMARKS block) should indicate if the equipment had a meter replaced and the
usage from the old meter.
NOTE: If the component is not installed in an end item, enter "uninstalled". Odometer/hour-
meter entries are NOT REQUIRED for end items not having meters installed.