1 1/4-TON TRUCK: M880 AND M890 SERIES
Section 1. PRELIMINARY PROCEDURES
(6) B o t h taillight assemblies.
(7) B o t h headlight assemblies.
(8) B o t h front parking light assemblies.
Electric leads to light assemblies do not
(9) B o t h front side marker lights.
have to be disconnected. Tape the light as-
sembly to body or cab to prevent damage.
(10.) Both door window regulator handles, door
handles, black plastic door trim liner, and clear plastic
sheet from door.
On cargo trucks with body mounting
(11) Rubber plugs inside rocker panels.
equipment (troop seats, cargo cover, S-250
shelter, radio rack, etc) remove equipment
(12) Rubber plugs in floor board.
as required to allow for access to rustproof-
(13) Rubber plugs behind seat,
a. Prior to rustproofing, the following components
(14) Rubber plugs in kick panels.
must be removed for access (see TM 9-2320-266-20
and TM 9-2320-266-34):
(15) Spare tire and mounting bracket.
(16) Both doorjamb scuff plates.
(17) Remove both batteries for 24 volt system (if
b. Figure 5-1 provides
a reference illustration
(4) Both sunvisors.
M880 and M890 1 1/4-Ton Trucks discussed in this
(5) Vent covers and control (left side),
Figure 5-1. M880 and M890 1 1/4-Ton Trucks.