3/4-TON AND 1 1/4-TON TRUCK: M1008, M1008A1,
M1009, M1010, M1028, AND M1031
Section I. PRELIMINARY PROCEDURES
(3) Fuel tank shield (all except M1009).
(4) Lower front fender mudguards left and
(5) Both sunvisors.
Electrical leads to light assemblies do not
have to be disconnected. Tape the light as-
sembly to body or cab to prevent damage.
(a) After removing floormat, discard pad-
ding and apply nonslip flight deck com-
pound (NSN 5610-00-782-5556 l-gal.
On cargo trucks with body mounting equip-
ment or kits (troop seats, cargo covers,
(b) Install rubber mat without padding.
etc. ) remove equipment as required to al-
Iow for access to rustproofing points.
(7) Both taillight assemblies.
(8) Rubber plugs in doors. Remove and retain
a. Prior to rustproofing, place all windows in closed
1-inch (2.5 cm) plug.
position. The following components must be removed
for access (see TM 9-2320-289-20 and TM 9-2320-
(9) Rubber plugs in doorjamb. Remove and
discard 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) plug.
(10) Remove tailgate glass cover (M 1009 only).
(1) Vent covers and controls (both sides).
b. All 3/4- and 1 1/4-Ton Trucks discussed in this
(2) Spare tire and mounting bracket (all except
Figure 6-1. M1008, M1008A1, M1009, M1010, MI028, and M1031 Series Trucks.