Figure 6-14. Rustproofing Between Cab
and Cargo Body (M1008, M1008AI,
(1) U s e short rigid tool to completely spray the
following areas of the engine compartment:
Figure 6-15. Rustproofing
(a) Front of cab firewall.
(b) Rear of the radiator wall.
The inside, bottom front, and bottom
(1) Insert flexible tool into the hood box
rear of the fender.
channel A and B as far as possible, then slowly
withdraw tool while spraying.
(2) Use short rigid tool to completely spray the
Ensure that all seams, welds and corners of
inner panel of the hood.
the engine compartment are covered.
(3) Use 90 degree short tool to spray in all
existing holes of the inner hood and all areas missed by
(2) Use flexible tool to spray
the flexible tool.
inaccessible with the short rigid tool.
Figure 6-16. Rustproofing Hood.