thickness cannot be measured, inspect for complete-
ness of coverage
(3) Check all drain holes to ensure that they are
Figure 6-26. Rustproofing Rear
of Door (see
t. Rustproofing Rear and Top
(1) Insert 90 degree long tool into the 1-inch
(2.5 cm) hole A in bottom rear of door. Rotate
spraying tool while slowly withdrawing from hole,
Figure 6-27. Rustproofing Rear and
spraying the lower 15 inches (38.1 cm) of the interior of
Top of Door.
(4) Check all inspection holes and drilled
access holes to ensure that compound coverage is
(2) Insert flexible tool into hole B of the upper
door channel and direct the tool up through the
channel as far as possible, then spray while slowly
(3) Plug holes.
a. Check the vehicle to ensure that all areas
requiring rustproofing compound have been properly
and completely covered.
(1) Check seams, welds, corners, and boxed
areas to ensure that they are adequately covered.
(2) Check wet film thickness with a wet film
of 10 roils is required. In areas where a wet film
Figure 6-28. Film Thickness Gage.
thickness of 10 roils cannot be obtained or where wet