(2) Apply rustproofing compound to entire
(3) Coat the complete underside of hood, hood
dash panel (engine side only). Do not coat the dash
side panels, and front end.
panel on the interior of the cab.
Figure 7-9. Rustproofing Cowl, Hood, and Dash Panel.
a. Check the vehicle to ensure that all areas
requiring rustproofing compound have been properly
and completely coated.
(1) Check seams, welds, corners, and boxed
areas to ensure that they are adequately coated.
(2) Check wet film thickness with a wet film
of 10 mils is required. In areas where a wet film
thickness of 10 mils cannot be obtained or where
thickness cannot be measured, inspect for complete-
ness of coverage.
(3) Check all drain holes to ensure that they are
Figure 7-10. Film Thickness Gage.