B o d y (see
h. Rustproofing Cargo Body (M977 and M985) (see
(1) Insert short rigid tool into the inside cabinet
(1) Use long rigid tool to completely spray the
door mounting rails A and spray all door mounting rails.
bottom of the cargo body A including the 13 tubular
(2) Use the same tool to completely spray the
underside of the wheelwells B.
(2) Use short rigid tool to cover areas missed by
the long rigid tool. Also completely cover the underside
of the rear fenders B.
(3) Insert 90 degree short rigid tool into
covered (unused) stanchions, front and rear head-
boards C, and spray in all directions.
Figure 19-13. Rustproofing M978
(1) Insert flexible tool into the cargo side panels
A and B and spray while slowly withdrawing tool.
(2) Use 90 degree long tool to completely spray
the bottom of the cargo bed C.
Figure 19-12. Rustproofing Cargo Body
(M977 and M985).
(3) Use short rigid tool to completely cover the
underside of the rear fenders D.
Figure 19-14. Rustproofing M984 Recovery Body.