as far as possible, then withdraw tool slowly while
e. Rustproofing Tailgate (see Figure 22-7).
(1) Insert 90 degree short tool into vertical
(2) Use 90 degree short tool to completely
stiffener holes A and spray in all directions. Plug holes.
cover the undersides of the rubrails.
(2) Insert flexible tool into hole B on the right
and left side of the bottom horizontal stiffener as far as
possible, then withdraw tool slowly while spraying.
22-4. Rustproofing Inspection.
(3) Use the 90 degree short tool to completely
a. Check the vehicle to ensure that all areas
cover the underside of the upper horizontal stiffener.
requiring rustproofing compound have been properly
and completely coated.
f. Rustproofing Rubrails and Stake Pockets (see
(1) Check seams, welds, corners, and boxed
areas to ensure that they are adequately coated.
(1) Insert long rigid tool into the stake pockets
Figure 22-7. Rustproofing Tailgate.
Figure 22-8. Rustproofing Rubrails and Stake Pockets.