23-4. Rustproofing Inspection.
a. Check the vehicle to ensure that all areas
requiring rustproofing compound have been properly
and completely coated.
(1) Check seams, welds, corners, and boxed
areas to ensure that they are adequately coated.
(2) Check wet film thickness with a wet film
of 10 nils is required. In areas where a wet film
thickness of 10 mils cannot be obtained or where
thickness cannot be measured, inspect for complete-
ness of coverage.
(3) Check all drain holes to ensure that they are
(4) Check all inspection holes and drilled
access holes to ensure that compound coverage is
Figure 23-6. Film Thickness Gage.
(5) Check vehicle to ensure that no compound
has been applied to prohibited areas (see CAUTION,
Plugging of access holes may be delayed
until after vehicle inspection, if inspection
occurs immediately after rustproofing. If
inspection is delayed too long, rustproofing
compound may drip from access holes.
b. Plug access holes.