1. This underlined fuel corresponds to that recommended by the engine manufacturer as most suitable for use in a
particular engine for maximum efficiency and longest engine life.
2. Continued use of emergency fuel past specified limits may cause significant danger to the engine or other aircraft fuel
components. All Army Standard AVGAS Is leaded gasoline.
3. Use of JP-5 and JP-8 fuel s limited to temperature between 0and 125 (-18 and +52 ) in the T63 engine (OH-6
and OH-58 aircraft).
4. Unleaded gasoline Is covered by U.S. Federal Specification WVG-109. Hot end inspection required after emergency
5. Two (2) hour flight maximum before engine fuel system inspection per TM 551520-217-20.
6. Refer to applicable operators manuals for operating limitations when using this fuel.
7. Hot end inspection Is required after accumulating 300 hours use of either JP-5 or JP-8 fuel or combination thereof In
the T55L-7C engine.
8. AVGAS (without TCP, MIL-G-5572) may be used as an emergency fuel for a one-time flight up to a maximum of two-
hour duration. All engine operation time using AVGAS shall be recorded on DA Form 2408-13 (Aircraft Inspection and
Maintenance Record) in Faults and/or Remarks Section, block 17. Upon reaching the two-hour maximum or completion
of flight, whichever occurs first, a "fuel system Inspection" shall be performed (TM 55-1520-217-20-1 or -20-2). When
refueling with AVGAS, minimum fuel shall be taken on board to reach available let-type fuel.
9. Operation using 100LL AVGAS shall be limited to 6 hours cumulative time with return to the overhaul facility required
after exceeding this limit.
10. All engine operating time using 100LL AVGAS shall be recorded on DA Form 2408-13 (Aircraft Inspection and
Maintenance Record) with the following note entered In the remarks section (See Block 17).
11. When starting in ambient temperatures below -34 (-29 ), do not use JP-5 or JP-8.
12. Do not use JP-5 In ambient temperatures below -25 (-32 ).
This Engine has been operated for ____________ hours on leaded gasoline (10LL AVGAS).