Connector holes in side panel (3) are unnecessary. Skip step 15 if you
do not want the extra expense of using connectors in the side panel.
Wire through to the gage or switch directly. See FO-5, wiring
15. Layout and drill five connector holes in side panel (3). See Figure 2-26. The top two holes will depend on
which connectors will be used. The bottom two holes are for STE/ICE. Drill one hole, 1-13/16-inch
diameter and the other 2-1/2-inch diameter.
16. Using the starter relay as a template drill two mounting holes in the bottom 4- by 12- by 1/8-inch
aluminum plate (2).
17. Weld one 1/8-inch aluminum plate (1), two aluminum plates (2), and two aluminum plates (3) to form a
18. Cut two 2- by 2- by 1/8-inch aluminum plates (4) diagonally. Drill one hole in the center of each triangle.
The size of hole is determined by the availability of black spring steel U-nuts (5). See Figure 2-26.
19. Weld four triangle (4) in each corner of the box flush with the edge of panels (2 and 3). See Figure 2-26.
20. Install four black spring steel U-nuts (5) on four triangle (4).
21. Drill four holes in 12- by 15- by 1/8-inch aluminum rear panel (1) the same size as the holes drilled in
It is recommended to put a waterproof cover over instrument panel
to prevent damage in inclement weather.