Engine does not have neutral safety switch and will start in any
25. Move transmission arm to neutral position (one detent down from the top).
26. Move master switch to ON position.
27. Check instrument panel/box, gages, and indicators.
28. Move fuel pump switch to ON position.
Moving powerplant parts could injure you. Stay clear of moving
parts when powerplant is running.
Noise from powerplant could damage hearing. Use double ear
protection when powerplant is operated.
Starter can be damaged. Do not hold start switch in start position for
more than 15 seconds at a time.
If engine does not start on first try, wait 1 minute and try again. If
engine does not start after three tries, troubleshoot engine. Refer to
29. Push start switch (instrument panel/box) until engine starts, but no longer than 15 seconds.
30. Check that transmission oil pressure light and engine low pressure light go off.
Hot oil, water, and engine parts can burn you. Let powerplant cool
before you start work.
31. Check for leaks and other problems. Stop engine. Check all fluid levels and fill as necessary. Restart
32. Troubleshoot/test powerplant, refer to TM 9-2350-247-20-1, TM 9-2350-261-20-1, TM 9-2520-254-34, or
33. Move fuel pump switch to OFF position and pull lever to stop position (see Figure 4-8).
34. Turn master switch to OFF position.