Hot oil, water, and engine parts can burn you. Let powerplant cool
before you start work.
35. Remove turbocharger protective shield from engine blower inlet. Cover engine blower inlet with
aluminum foil and tape to keep out debris when storing (TM 38-260) the engine or for transporting it.
Hot radiator water can burn you. Use hand to remove cap only if cool
to touch. Turn cap slowly to release pressure. Replace cap by
pressing down and turning cap until tight.
37. Place a suitable container under drain cocks. Open and drain engine water drain cocks both right and
left side. Open transmission oil cooler and radiator drain cocks.
38. Disconnect transmission stall test tool, four screws, and washers from transmission output shaft (see
39. Remove transmission stall test tool, three screws, washers, and nuts from powerplant test stand.
40. Disconnect engine fuel line quick disconnect halves from fuel line adapter and powerplant test stand
quick disconnect halves.
41. If used, disconnect STE/ICE-R set from engine. Refer to TM 9-4910-571-12&P.
42. Disconnect alternator, accessory, and starter cables from 100-amp connector panel.
43. Disconnect tachometer cable from engine tachometer adapter.
44. Remove wingnut, lockwasher, generator ground lead, and starter ground lead from ground bolt on front
45. Remove two clamps and bleeder hose assembly from elbows on deaeration elbow and thermostat
46. Remove radiator hose assembly and clamp from lower engine flange elbow.
47. Remove radiator hose assembly and clamp from deaeration elbow.
48. Disconnect hydraulic system loop from hydraulic tank outlet hose and hydraulic pump inlet hose.
49. Remove two screws, locknuts, and four washers from engine front mount and powerplant test stand
50. Remove two screws, washers, and nuts from transfer gearcase mount and powerplant test stand.