and cotter pins (20). Assemble and install door holder
(5) Remove the four flathead screws (12)
securing the handle assembly and gasket (6) to the
d. Installation. Position the door on the housing
door, and lift off the gasket and handle assembly.
and secure with the twelve flathead screws (13).
(6) Remove the snap ring (8) securing the
shaft (11) in the bracket (7), and remove the shaft and
4-86. Storage Compartment Door
handle from the bracket.
(7) Using a punch and hammer, remove the
a. Removal. Remove the ten flathead securing the
pin (9) securing the handle (10) to the shaft, and slide
door to the housing, and remove the door.
the handle from the shaft.
(8) Pull the locking strip (2) securing the glass
(3) from the molding (5).
lockwashers (12), and machine screws (9) securing the
(9) Remove the glass and molding from the
plate (14) and catch (10) to the door (1), and remove the
plate and catch.
(10) Remove screws (26) and lockwashers (27),
(2) Remove the six machine screws (13) and
and remove door holder assembly.
lockwashers (12) securing the lock (11) to the door, and
(11) Remove cotter pin (24) and disassemble
remove the lock.
(3) Remove the three machine screws
(4)securing the handle guide (5) and gasket (3) to the
door, and remove the, guide and gasket.
(4) Remove and disassemble the handle
glass (3) in the door (4) and -secure with locking strip,
using a glass installing tool.
c. Installation. Place the door on the housing and
(2) Position the handle (10) on the shaft (11)
attach with the ten screws.
and secure with the pin (9).
(3) Position the shaft in the bracket (7) and
(1) Reassemble the handle assembly (6, fig.
secure in place with the snap ring (8).
4-83) and secure to the door (1).
(4) Position the gasket (6) and the bracket on
(2) Position the gasket (3) and guide (5) on the
the door and secure with the four flathead screws (12).
door and secure with the three machine screws (4).
(5) Position the lock (15) on the door and
(3) Position the lock (11) on the door and
secure with the four lockwashers (16) and machine
(4) Position the catch (10) and plate (14) on
(6) Position the spring (18) and the two rods
the door and secure with the two screws (9),
(1, 14) on the door and secure with the two washers (19)
lockwashers (12) arid nuts (15).