Legend for figure 2-4:
3. Propane gas vents
1. Propane gas
4. Carbon dioxide cylinders
2. Oxygen cylinder
Figure 2-4. Compressed Gas Installation and Storage
(7) Turn the pressure regulator adjusting screw
c. Operation (New Cylinders).
clockwise until the desired working pressure is reached.
(8) To shut down, close the cylinder valve. If the
(1) Remove the valve protection cap from the
pressure regulator is to be removed, release all gas from
the regulator and disconnect it.
(2) Remove the outlet connection cap from the valve
connection cap and valve protection cap.
Open the cylinder valve one-quarter turn
2-7. Air Conditioner.
counterclockwise and close immediately to clear the
valve of particles of dust or dirt that might enter the
a. Description. The air conditioner is mounted in the
utility compartment immediately behind the front door.
(4) Attach the pressure regulator to the cylinder
For this reason, the front door cannot be used for
valve outlet and line.
access. Three vent panels in the van front door aid in
(5) Turn the pressure regulator adjusting screw
the operation of the air conditioner. The two bottom
counterclockwise until the pressure regulator valve is
vents must be opened before the cooling operation; the
top vent is opened when fresh air ventilation is desired.
(6) Slowly open the cylinder valve to full open
The remote control panel is located on the main control
panel in the laboratory compartment.