Figure 2-24. Reid Vapor Pressure Bomb Bath (Sheet 2 of 2)
(4) Apply power to the unit. This will energize the
heater and stirrer motor circuit. Turn on the stirrer motor.
Never turn on the toggle switch
Exercise extreme care not to exceed
unless bath is filled with water.
Heaters will burn out if they are not
million (0.012 ml/liter) of copper
sulfate is poisonous.
(1) Fill the bath to level of the overflow standpipe
(5) Pilot light will light while the heater is on.
with water to which has been added 10 parts per million
When the temperature attains 100 degrees F (38
(0.01 ml/liter) of copper sulfate to cut down the growth of
degrees C), the thermoregulator will shut down the
heater and the light will extinguish.
(2) Check and calibrate the thermoregulator (para
(6) To drain the bath, unscrew the standpipe by
turning the handle (rod through pipe) counterclockwise.
(3) Install the thermoregulator in the bath.
Lift out the pipe and the water will drain out.