(5) Remove contents and foam cushion material
(1) After installing thermoregulator rotate adjusting
magnet counterclockwise to lower temperature and
and remove attaching screws, washers, and nuts
clockwise to raise temperature. The thermoregulator is
securing drawer to cabinet slides, then lift front of drawer
graduated in degrees Fahrenheit, indicated by a pointer
up and out of slides located on both sides of drawer.
which is raised or lowered by turning adjusting collar.
nuts, located under countertop, under kinematic viscosity
Do not operate heaters unless
5-8), securing holddown brackets
immersed in liquid.
b. Line Switch Removal
temperature reading of thermometer and make final
(1) To remove line switch, remove power cord
temperature adjustment by turning adjustment collar.
(2) Lay kinematic viscosity bath on its side,
a. Automatic Drain Valve Servicing. Figure 5-10
compress spring clips at each side of switch and push
shows a cross-sectional view of the automatic drain
out from inside of bath. Refer to figure 5-9 for wiring
(1) After approximately six months service,
(3) Disconnect wires from switch.
remove and disassemble the valve.
c. Pilot Light Removal.
(2) Clean all parts thoroughly and inspect for
(1) Lay bath on its side, compress spring clips at
damage. Replace damaged or defective parts.
each side of pilot light and push out from inside bath.
(3) Apply a light coat of silicone grease (MIL-L-
(2) Disconnect wires from pilot light.
4343A or equivalent) to the valve body, and 0-rings.
d. Heat Switch Removal
(4) Reassemble the valve, being careful not to
(1) Loosen setscrew in knob and remove knob.
(2) Remove nut securing switch to bath housing
(5) Refer to figure 5-10 and install valve.
and push switch into housing.
b. Automatic Drain Valve Installation.
(3) Remove and tag wiring for ease of assembly.
automatic drain valve, manual drain valve, and fit-tings in
Refer to figure 5-9 for additional wiring data.
e. Pyrex Jar Removal
(1) Remove heaters from cover, if installed.
The nipple, connecting the tee to the
(2) Remove top cover, and attaching screws
receiver, must be installed well above
holding protective plastic shield
the inside of the receiver bottom.
(4) Remove inner pyrex jar.
This prevents receiver sediment from
f. Regulator Removal
entering the drain valve.
(1) Remove bayonet-type cap connector from the
Connect the tubing from the
top of thermoregulator.
automatic drain valve to the air
(2) Unscrew thermoregulator and carefully lift unit
up and out of protective guard.
c. Unloader Pilot Valve Adjustment.
g. Motor Removal
operating pressure proceed as follows.
(1) Place bath on its side.
(2) Tag and remove wires at motor.
Do not adjust this valve beyond
(3) Remove attaching hardware securing motor
base and remove motor.
Assembly is accomplished in the
reverse order of disassembly with the following