(3) Lift out air filter.
(b) Remove electrical power to pump, then
(4) Tap filter on clean surface to remove solid
remove and tag wiring to motor.
particles. If further cleaning is required, rinse filter
(c) Remove belt between pump and motor.
thoroughly in clean acetone followed by a rinse in clean
(2) Motor Testing. Use standard shop practices to
alcohol and then a rinse in distilled water. Dry in stream
test motor. Refer to the following data for motor facts:
of hot, dry air.
RPM - 1725
b. Installing Filter.
Motor Pulley - 3 inch diameter
Motor Pulley - 1/2 inch bore
(1) Install cleaned or new filter in intake area.
Power Requirement - 115 Vac, 60 Hz
(2) Use a new intake cover gasket and coat both
sides with varnish.
d. V-Belt Removal and Replacement.
(3) When varnish is tacky, mount gasket in position
on pump casting.
(4) Replace intake cover and tighten screws evenly.
(1 Loosen motor mounting bolts and slide motor
(5) Fill pump with new Duo-Seal oil. Check level
toward pump, remove V-belt.
after running pump for a few minutes.
(2) To replace V-belt place belt on motor pulley and
pump pulley and slide motor away from pump and
tighten motor mounting bolts.
c. Vacuum Pump Motor.
(3) Check belt tension at the middle of the belt span
with a firm downward pressure, deflection of 1/2 to 3/4
inch is correct.
(a) Loosen motor attaching hardware on base of
Figure 5-31. Vacuum Pump, Component Location TS 6640-212-14/5-31