PREPARE TOW BAR ASSEMBLIES - Continued
When tilting towbar assembly, upper section is not secure and may fall out and
cause personal injury or death.
3. Loosen T-bolts (4 and 5). Tilt lower section of towbar assembly (6) away from storage
bracket and remove upper section (3). Set aside for future use.
4. Loosen T-bolts (7 and 8) and remove lower section (6). Set aside for future use.
5. Loosen all four T-bolts on inner towbar assembly and slide to outer position. Tighten
T-bolts (7 and 8).
6. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for remaining towbar assembly.
Both the upper and lower sections are offset to allow for variations in the
distance between the towing eyes on the towed vehicle.
Refer to WP 0089 for correct pin size and pin location.
7. Position lower section (6) onto boom and line up center hole (9) with the second
hole from mast. Do not tighten lower section T-bolts.
8. Install upper section (3) into lower section (6).
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for remaining tow bar assembly.
10. Estimate position of tire stop assembly (10) so front tires of towed vehicle meet the tire stop assembly
and the tow bar assemblies are not moved beyond the fourth hole (11) from the mast.
Figure 42. Tow Bar Assembly Preparation
END OF WORK PACKAGE