KINGPIN PLACEMENT - Continued
The size and location of kingpin installation is determined by the prime mover used. The M911
Truck, Tractor, and M920 Truck, Tractor, require the 3 1/2 inch (88.9 mm) kingpin to be installed
in position A. The M915 series Truck Tractor requires the 2 inch (50.8 mm) kingpin to be
installed in position B. The M916,M916A1, and M916A2 Truck, Tractor, require the 3 1/2 inch
(88.9 mm) kingpin to be installed in position B.
1. From bottom of main frame, insert kingpin (2) up through position A or position B as determined in
2. If changing location of kinpin, install wooden plug (8) in unused position and secure with wing nut (7).
3. Rotate kingpin (2) to engage safety (6) and secure with grommet (5) and kingpin nut (4).
4. Tighten kingpin nut until seated.
5. Using kingpin wrench (3), align tabs on wrench (3) with slots on kingpin nut (4). Tighten kingpin nut
until two notches pass springpin hole.
6. Install spring pin (1) through top of kingpin (2).
Figure 73. Kingpin Placement
END OF WORK PACKAGE