Drycleaning solvent MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally
compliant and low toxic material. However, it may be irritating
to the eyes and skin. The use of protective gloves and goggles
is suggested. Use in well ventilated areas. Keep away from open
flames and other sources of ignition.
1. Clean mud and dirt from all exposed surfaces with water and a brush.
2. Remove grease with drycleaning solvent and a clean rag.
1. Inspect protection valve for damaged threads, cracks, dents, holes, and warps.
2. Replace defective protection valve.
3. Inspect mounting bracket for cracks, breaks, and warps.
4. Replace defective mounting bracket.
1. Position mounting bracket (5) on fender and secure with two screws (6), flatwashers (7), new
2. Position protection valve (4) onto mounting bracket (5) and secure with two screws (1), new