5. SPECIAL INFORMATION
a. Usable on Code: 2TD.
Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the bulk
material functional group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk material are also referenced in
the Description Column of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed
fabrication instructions for items source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are found in
Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index
number shown in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the
NSN / P/N index work packages and the bulk material list in the repair parts list work package.
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
a. When NSNs or P/Ns Are Not Known:
(1) Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group to which the item belongs. This
is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
lists are divided into the same groups.
(2) Find the figure covering the functional group or the subfunctional group to which the item
(3) Identify the item on the figure and note the number(s).
(4) Look in the repair parts list work packages for the figure and item numbers. The NSNs and
part numbers are on the same line as the associated item numbers.
When NSN Is Known:
(1) If you have the NSN, look in the STOCK NUMBER column of the NSN index work package.
The NSN is arranged in NIIN sequence. Note the figure and item number next to the NSN.
(2) Turn to the figure and locate the item number. Verify that the item is the one you are looking
When P/N Is Known:
(1) If you have the P/N and not the NSN, look in the PART NUMBER column of the P/N index
work package. Identify the figure and item number.
(2) Look up the item on the figure in the applicable repair parts list work package. Verify that
the item is the one you are looking for.