OIL PRESSURE READINGS AND FUNCTIONAL TEST (TRANSMISSION
INSTALLED ON TEST STAND) CONTINUED
1. Test data logs (Figures 2 and 3) are guides for making proper tests as well providing spaces to record actual test
results. In addition, above each test entry space, the normal pressures are included for comparison with test
2. In all tests, transmission oil must be at normal operating temperature (approximately 200 degrees F on the
XT--1410--4 or minimum of 160 degrees F on the XT--1410--5A). Connect the gauges as indicated for each test in
test data logs. Position range selector control and steer control as indicated in test data log.
3. Reduce speed of transmission input to engine idle speed before engaging desired range. Slowly increase speed
to desired input speed. Record readings for each test.
4. Do not attempt to install gauges while transmission is operating. Reinstall plugs immediately upon removing
5. When making test for steer clutch pressure, move steer control from center to full steer while observing pressure
rise. Pressure should rise to maximum as control is moved fully to steer position.
6. In test for lockup engagement, increase speed slowly until lockup apply pressure shows on gauge. The gauge
connected at location 9 (Figure 1) should read no pressure until lockup engages. At moment pressure shows on
gauge at location 9 record the input speed.
7. In test for lockup release, first increase input speed to above where lockup occurs. Slowly reduce speed until
apply pressure at gauge 9 (Figure 1) drops quickly. At this moment, record input speed.
8. When tests are completed, remove gauges and install plugs, check transmission for leakage, repair as needed.
Remove transmission parts kit.