39. Remove two clamps and elbows (M548A1 and M113A2 FOV) from engine exhaust manifolds.
Hot radiator water can burn you. Use hand to remove cap only if cool
to touch. Turn cap slowly to release pressure. Replace cap by
pressing down and turning cap until tight.
40. Open and drain engine drain water cocks both right and left side. Open transmission oil cooler and
radiator drain cocks. Use caution, hot water can burn you. Place a suitable container under drain cocks.
41. Attach engine sling or powerplant sling to engine lifting eyes.
42. Remove two screws, washers, and nuts securing front engine mount to engine test stand.
43. Using a lifting device that can lift 2,000 lb. (908 kg), lift engine off powerplant test stand.
44. Remove four screws, washers, nuts, and engine-only rear mount bracket from engine flywheel housing
45. Place in engine container or on maintenance stand. Refer to TM 38-260. Have helper assist.
END OF TASK