16. Install tachometer cable on engine tachometer adapter and connect to tachometer.
17. Connect alternator, accessory, starter, and transmission cables to instrument panel/box cables
(M113A3/M548A3 only) or 100-amp connector panel (M113A2/M548A1 only).
18. Connect STE/ICE harness to instrument panel/box (M548A3, M548A1, and M113A2 FOV must connect
STE/ICE and transducers to powerplant) and make connections to engine components, shunt, and
batteries. Refer to TM 9-2350-277-20.
19. Connect engine fuel line quick disconnect halves to powerplant test stand quick disconnect halves.
20. Install right brake connecting links, two screws, lockwashers, and flat washers on right transmission
brake (M113A3 and M548A3 only).
Do not use screws removed from transmission. Damage of screws
may damage transmission.
21. Remove two screws from the right side of transmission (M113A3 and M548A3 only). Save transmission
screws. Install brake stall test tool (see Figure 2-28) and secure with two screws. Connect brake stall test
tool to braking hardware. Use rod-end clevis and rod-end connector Connect rigid connecting link
between two 1/4 inch steel plates and secure with headed pin, washer, and cotter pin.
22. Install transmission stall test tool (M548A1 and M113A2 FOV only) (Figure 2-27) on powerplant test
stand with three screws, washers, and nuts .
23. Connect transmission stall test tool to transmission output shaft with four screws and washers.
24. Fill engine and transmission with oil. Refer to LO 9-2350-277-12 (M113A3 FOV) or LO 9-2350-247-12
(M548A1 and M548A3) or LO 9-2350-261-12 (M113A2 FOV).
25. The engine will need to have plugs or caps installed in the engine/transmission oil cooler. This prevents
oil from spilling out during operation.
26. Check engine oil level. Fill if required. Refer to LO 9-2350-277-12 for M113A3 FOV, LO 9-2350-261-12
for M113A2 FOV, and LO 9-2350-247-12 for M548A1/A3.
Engine does not have neutral safety switch and will start in any
27. Move transmission arm to neutral position (one detent down from the top) (M548A1 and M113A2 FOV).
28. Move master switch to ON position.
29. Check instrument panel/box, gages, and indicators.
30. Move fuel pump switch to ON position.