Figure 4-114. Heater removal points (ser. nos. L-1 666-T through L1668-T).
and drain residual fluid from heater and connective lines
(about 8 quarts) into a container. If clean, save coolant
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680 or P-S-
(2) Loosen the four hose clamps (2) securing
661, used to clean parts is potentially
the two hoses (7) to the heater fittings and the coolant
dangerous to personnel and property.
Use in a well-ventilated area as the
(3) Remove the four cap screws (8) and
fumes are dangerous if inhaled. Avoid
lock washers (9) securing the heater (5) and the four
repeated and prolonged skin contact.
spacers (10) to the floor.
Do not use near open flame or
(4) Slide the two hoses (7) off the heater
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent
fittings and lift out the heater (5) and the four spacers
is 100F.-188F. (88C.-59C.).
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(5) Remove the two hoses (7) from the lines
(1) and slide the four clamps (2) off the hoses.