Figure 3-7. Cartridge, Typical Installation
c. Lubrication. Oil the motor bearings weekly with a
3-25. Flash Point Testers.
few drops of light oil (PL-S).
a. Inspection. Periodically test stirrer motors for
3-27. Water Demineralization Unit.
proper function. Replace defective motors.
b. Lubricating. Oil the stirrer motors with a light oil
every 1000 hours of use. Oil moving parts of Pensky
(1) Shut regulator valve to close off water supply to
Martens tester top as often as needed, using light
lubricating oil (PL-S).
(2) Remove tubing located on the top and bottom
c. Cleaning. Never use gasoline or naphtha for
of each cartridge.
cleaning flash cups. Use kerosene or stoddard solvent
(3) Remove cartridges.
(SD-1) as cleaning agents.
3-26. Foam Test Apparatus.
Replace cartridges with same type
and location. Cartridges should be
(1) Periodically check motor for proper functioning.
replaced when bottom layer turns
(2) Inspect the glass jar for chips or cracks.
from purple to yellow.
Replace a defective apparatus.
b. Cleaning. Wipe the exterior with a clean cloth
(1) Install new cartridges with the outlet facing up
dampened with a mild soap and water solution. Wipe
dry with a clean cloth.
(2) Connect tubing as shown in figure 3-8.