(1) Removal. Remove both air filters (1, fig. 5-17)
g. Cylinder Removal. Remove capscrews (1, fig. 5-
from the cylinder heads.
19) and firmly pull cylinders from piston and rings, and
remove gasket (3).
(2) Remove all lines and fittings going into valves
located on top of each cylinder head.
(1) Removal. Remove belts from flywheel and
capscrews (1), lockwashers (2) and lift out gaskets (3).
motor, and remove motors by removing attaching
hardware. Tag wires for ease of assembly.
(4) Remove both suction valve and discharge
valve (para d and e) and remove gask5-16) from each
lockwasher (2), flat washer (3) and key (5).
(5) Remove capscrews (32) securing each
(3) Pull flywheel (4) free from crankshaft.
cylinder head onto cylinder (2, fig. 5-19) and lightly tap
i. Crankshaft and Piston.
each cylinder head to unseat them, and remove.
(1) Removal. Drain all oil from crankcase (4, fig.
by removing drain plug (1). Crankcase holds
approximately 7/8 qt of oil.
(2) Remove all piping, fittings and controls
Legend for figure 5-19:
Figure 5-19. Cylinder