COUPLING - Continued
1. Line up prime mover with towing device.
2. Ensure proper kingpin is being used.
3. Switch voltage selector box (1) to 12 volts.
4. Switch electric control box to ON position (2), depress and hold electric motor switch (3) and
BOOM RETRACT control valve lever (4) to align kingpin with fifth wheel.
Figure 21. Master Controls
On prime movers equipped with a fifth wheel lockout device, ensure lockout is
disengaged before traveling off-road to prevent damage to equipment.
5. Unlock the fifth wheel in accordance with prime movers operation procedures.
6. Slowly back the prime mover under the towing device, allowing the frame to slide up
the approach ramps to the fifth wheel plate.
7. Using remote control or valve control levers, BOOM EXTEND to raise the main frame to a level
8. Slowly back prime mover under towing device until kingpin engages and locks in place.