COUPLING - Continued
The NATO slave cable should be connected and the prime mover left idling at
all times while operating the fifth wheel towing device to prevent battery drainage.
9. Using remote control or valve control levers, BOOM EXTEND to raise rear of main frame to allow
the transport legs to be engaged.
10. Rotate handle (5) clockwise to lower and lock transport legs in the down position. Using valve control
levers, BOOM RETRACT to lower rear of main frame onto transport legs.
11. Using remote control or valve control levers, RETRACT RIGHT IN, and RETRACT LEFT IN,
fully retract boom extensions.
12. Connect gladhands (6) to towing device.
Inter-vehicular electrical cable (IVEC) may get caught and damaged on rear
wheel of prime mover if IVEC is too long. If IVEC hangs near tire, secure excess
cable to prevent contact with rear tire.
Items in tool box may fall out when opening. Use caution to prevent injury.
13. Connect the inter-vehicular electrical cable (IVEC) to the 12-24 volt junction box on towing
device and prime mover.
a. Ensure that the IVEC station on the prime mover is in the vertical position. If not, or if the
IVEC is too long, it may get caught on the rear wheel, especially during left hand turns.
b. If excess slack exists in the IVEC, secure it prior to movement.
14. Towing device is now operational.
Figure 22. Rear Gladhands and Support Leg Assembly
END OF WORK PACKAGE