DISCONNECTING TOWED VEHICLE - Continued
When loosening rear safety chains, do not allow boom extensions
to contact underside of towed vehicle. Damage to towed vehicle
16. Using remote control or valve control levers, BOOM RETRACT to loosen rear safety chains.
17. Remove chains (10) from boom extension clevis (12) and frame hook clevis (11).
18. Remove frame hook (8) from frame flange (9).
19. Repeat steps 17 and 18 for remaining frame hook.
Figure 62. Frame Hook Connection
20. Using remote control or valve control levers, BOOM EXTEND until transport leg assembly can
be lowered. Rotate handle (3) clockwise and lower transport legs.
21. BOOM RETRACT until boom is slightly off ground and, using remote control or valve control
levers, RETRACT RIGHT IN (4) and RETRACT LEFT IN (5), retract boom extensions to
storage position and pull prime mover and towing device away from towed vehicle.
Figure 63. Remote Control and Support Leg Assembly
END OF WORK PACKAGE