UNIT TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES
1. This section provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that you may find
while operating and maintaining the Fifth Wheel Towing Device.
2. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index (WP 0025 00-2) lists common malfunctions which may occur and
refers you to the proper work package for a troubleshooting procedure.
3. If you are unaware of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the warning
summary at the front of this manual.
5. This section cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor all tests or inspections and corrective
actions. If a malfunction is not listed or is not corrected by the listed corrective actions, notify your
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in WP 0025 00-2 that best describes the malfunction. If
the appropriate symptom is not listed, notify your supervisor.
b. Turn to the work package where the troubleshooting procedures for the malfunction in
question are described. Headings at the top of each page show how each troubleshooting
procedure is organized: Malfunction, Test or Inspection (in step number order), and Corrective
Perform each step in the order listed until the malfunction is corrected and the item being
inspected is operational. DO NOT perform any maintenance task unless the troubleshooting
procedure tells you to do so.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The columns are defined as follows:
a. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the
b. TEST OR INSPECTION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a system or component.
CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.