PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
1. This chapter contains requirements and procedures for administrative storage of equipment that is
issued to and in use by Army activities worldwide.
2. The requirements specified herein are necessary to maintain equipment in administrative storage in
such a way as to achieve the maximum readiness condition.
3. Equipment that is placed in administrative storage should be capable of being readied to perform its
mission within one 24-hour period, or as otherwise may be prescribed by the approving authority.
Before equipment is placed in administrative storage, a current Preventive Maintenance Checks
and Services (PMCS) should be completed and deficiencies corrected.
4. Report equipment in administrative storage as prescribed for all reportable equipment.
5. Perform inspections, maintenance services, and lubrication as specified herein.
6. Records and reports to be maintained for equipment in administrative storage are those prescribed
by DA Pam 738-750 for equipment in use.
7. A 10% variance is acceptable on time used to determine the required maintenance actions.
8. Accomplishment of applicable PMCS, as mentioned throughout this chapter, will be on a
DEFINITION OF ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE
The placement of equipment in administrative storage can be for short periods of time when a
shortage of maintenance effort exists. Items should be ready for use within the time factors as determined by
the directing authority. During the storage period, appropriate maintenance records will be kept.