10. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE M870A1 BRAKE MOD (BENDIX) (Continued).
(2) Remove two screws (1), flat washers (2), and locknuts (3) from old emergency relay valve main frame
bracket. Set aside screws and washers for reuse. Discard locknuts in accordance with paragraph 8d. (3) Remove
emergency relay valve (9).
(4) Remove two front delivery 45 degree elbows (5) with adapters, two rear delivery elbows (4) with adapters,
and supply port elbow (6), from emergency relay valve (9). Set elbows (4 and 5) for use in new relay valve, and supply
port elbow (6) aside for reuse in spring brake valve large cross fitting.
(5) Remove all remaining fittings from valve (9). Clean and inspect fittings and dispose of in accordance with
Install New Emergency Relay Valve PN104561.
To prevent mixup between valves, before installing new emergency relay valve, check part
number of valve. Both emergency relay valves look identical but have different internal
(1) Obtain new emergency relay valve.