10. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE M870A1 BRAKE MOD (BENDIX) (Continued).
Install Air Reservoir Mounting Brackets and New Air Reservoir Assembly.
To prevent Injury to eyes, wear safety goggles during all punching and drilling
(1) Locate the first vertical frame rib on the outside of the main frame rail, above and rear of the trunnlon axle.
(2) From the vertical rib, measure 18 inches to the r ear and up 1-3/4 inches from the top of the main frame rail
lower flange. Mark this location using suitable scribe and center punch.
(3) Repeat Step a(2) above for the main frame rail on the opposite side of the trailer.
(4) Drill a 3/16-inch pilot hole and enlarge to a 7/16-inch hole in the main frame rail at the four marked locations as
shown. Have a helper apply lubrication during drilling.