(2) Loosen the setscrew (20) securing the stop
collar (21) to the throttle rod (25). Slide the stop collar
(21) from the rod.
(3) Remove the locknut (23) securing the governor
control to the air cleaner bracket (22). Slide the control
out of the bracket.
(4) Remove the spring (17) from the lever (18).
(5) Remove the cotter pin (13) and the washer
securing the lever (14) to the lever support pin (12).
Remove the assembly from the pin.
(7) Unscrew the adjusting nut (8) from the screw
(2). Remove the screw from the swivel pin (6) in the
lever (5) and remove the spring (4) and the cotter pin (3)
from the screw.
(8) Remove the machine screw (9) from the lever
(5), releasing the chain (10).
(9) Remove the setscrew (11) from the collar
(12) and press the swivel pin (6) from the lever (5).
Remove the cotter pin (3) from the chain (10).
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680 or P-S-
661, used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property.
Use in a well-ventilated area as the
fumes are dangerous if inhaled. Avoid
Figure 4-25. Governor controls, exploded view.
repeated and prolonged skin contact.
Do not use near open flame or
(7) Position the governor control in the air cleaner
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent
bracket (22) and secure with the lockwasher and the nut
is 100F.-138F. (38C.-59C.).
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair. Clean all parts
(8) Position the stop collar (21) on the governor
in a cleaning solvent. Check all screws for damaged
control (24) and secure with the setscrew (20).
threads. Check the lever and control rods for bends or
(9) Position the chain (19) on the governor control
breaks. Check the springs for damage or loss of
(24) and secure with the cotter pin (13).
tension. Replace all damaged or badly worn parts.
(10) Place the spring (17) in position on the lever
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Place the setscrew (11, fig. 4-26) in the stop
4-25. Throttle And Choke Controls
(2) Press the swivel pin (6) into place on the lever
a. Removal and Disassembly.
(1) Remove the cotter pin securing the throttle
(3) Position the cotter pin (3) in the screw (2). Slide
the spring (4) on the screw and slide the screw into the
(2) Remove the throttle rod from the lever and
swivel pin. Secure with the adjusting nut
unscrew it from the carburetor throttle lever.
(4) Position the cotter pin (3) in the chain (10) and
choke control lead (3) to the choke control (5).
move it into place in the lever (5), securing it with the
(4) Remove the two cotter pins (10)'(ser. nos. L-
machine screw (9).
1475-T through L-1478-T) or two clips (10) (ser. nos.L-
(5) Place the spring (1) in position on the screw
1666-T through L-1668-T) securing the choke control
rod (11) to the automatic choke control lever (9) and the
(6) Position the lever assembly on the support pin
carburetor choke lever (13). Remove the rod (11).
(12, fig. 4-25) on the engine and secure with the washer
and cotter pin (13).