(4) Observe the pressure reading on the gage. The
(8) Position the fuel tube (9) on the carburetor and
proper reading is between 3 and 4 lbs. (1.35 and 1.8
fuel pump and secure with the two tube nuts (8).
(9) Screw the thumb nut (17) into position on the
(5) If this reading is not obtained, check the fuel
tubes and fitting between the fuel pump and the fuel
(10) Position the bail in the cover (3).
tank for leaks.
(11) Swing the bail to one side and place the
(6) Remove the pressure tester and adapter.
screen (20), gasket (19) and the sediment bowl (18) into
position. Swing the bail (16) back into position under
carburetor and fuel pump and secure with the two tube
the sediment bowl and secure with the thumb nut (17).
(12) Position the main fuel tube on the fuel filter
4-29. Fuel Pump And Fuel Strainer (Serial Nos. L-
1666-T through L-1668-T).
a. Removal and Disassembly.
(2) Install the pressure tester between the fuel
pump and the carburetor.
securing the fuel tube (11) to the carburetor (16) and the
(3) Start the engine and run at idle speed.
Air cleaner mounting bracket
Governor control lever
Adjusting needle screw
Governor control rod
Cross shaft lever
Figure 4-32. Governor controls, installed view.