DETERMINING NOMINAL SHIM FOR STEER BEVEL DRIVE GEAR
DETERMINING NOMINAL SHIM FOR STEER BEVEL DRIVE GEAR Continued
6. Record dimension indicated by D on figure 1 or 2 of WP 0021 00. This dimension is stamped in housing (1).
7. Record actual shim dimension used for main bearing support (WP 0022 00).
8. On the XT--1410--4 transmission, calculate nominal shim required by substituting dimension recorded in
4 through 7, above, for MD2, D and actual S1 in formula:
(D + actual S1) (MD2 + A) = nominal S2. Select proper combination of shims to equal the required shim
9. On the XT--1410--5A transmission, calculate shim required by substituting dimensions recorded in 4 through 7 and
step 4 on WP 0022 00. For MD2, D , X and actual S1 in formula:
D + actual S1 X A MD2 = nominal S2. Select proper combination of shims to equal the required shim
Before bolting assembly down tightly, be certain that steer bevel drive gear is positioned toward
right side of transmission, far enough to prevent interference with drive gear.
10. Install nominal shim pack and install low and reverse range planetary carrier assembly (with bevel gear and
thrust washer) into transmission housing. Follow procedures on WP 0074 00.
END OF TASK