Use transfer gearcase mount (see Figures 2-6, 2-8, and 2-9).
3. Install transfer gearcase mount (see Figure 2-8), screw, nut, and two washers in the left transfer
4. Install screw, nut, and washer in right gransfer gearcase hole.
5. Place powerplant assembly on powerplant test stand. Have helper assist.
If mount is missing, install engine base mount (10932827 for M113A2
FOV or 5186647 for M548A1), engine support cap, two key washers,
and screws on engine.
6. Secure engine front mount to powerplant test stand front mount with two screws, four washers, and two
7. Secure transfer gearcase mount to powerplant test stand with two screws, washers, and nuts.
See Figure 4-8 for partial guide and check list of items to be
8. Install hydraulic system loop between two hydraulic quick disconnect couplings, hydraulic tank outlet
9. Connect top radiator hose assembly to engine deaeration elbow with clamp.
10. Connect bottom radiator hose assembly to engine flange elbow with clamp. Install pipe plug in engine
elbow (deaeration elbow) and elbow on thermostat housing with two clamps.
12. Fill radiator and engine with water. Coolant is not necessary for testing if weather conditions are above
13. Check all fluid levels and fill as necessary, refer to appropriate TM.
14. Install turbocharger protective shield on engine blower inlet.
Noise from powerplant could damage hearing. Use double ear
protection when powerplant is operated.
15. Install two elbows and clamps on engine exhaust manifolds. Adjust elbows so that exhaust is directed
away from personnel.
16. Connect generator ground lead and starter ground lead to ground bolt on front engine mount with
wingnut and lockwasher.