12. Connect generator ground lead and starter ground lead to ground bolt (15) on front engine mount with
wingnut and lockwasher.
Tachometer is not necessary when using STE-ICE. If tachometer is
needed, a hand held tachometer is better suited for making
adjustments. Only the M113A3 FOV powerplant is wired with STE-
ICE transducers and harness connected on the engine.
13. Install tachometer cable on engine tachometer adapter and connect to tachometer.
14. Connect alternator, accessory, starter, and transmission cables to powerplant test stand cables. Ensure
that connections are for M113A3/M548A3 only.
15. Connect STE/ICE harness to instrument panel/box (M548A3 must connect STE/ICE and transducers to
powerplant) and make connections to engine components, shunt, and batteries. Refer to TM 9-2350-277-
16. Connect engine fuel line quick disconnect halves to powerplant test stand quick disconnect halves.